I already wrote a post about the difference between camel and elephant riding. So, you might have known that Vincent&I went for a camel ride.
At first I was a bit suspicious, I was afraid of how they treated the camels. Would it be good, or bad as the elephants in Thailand? Well, I can happily say that it was amazing.
They treated the camels well, stroke them and gave them peanuts and beans.
They didn’t hurt them; and when one of the camels decided he didn’t want to walk anymore, they didn’t push them to walk. They just waited, and they tried to command him to walk. It was fun to see, they treated the camels like dogs.
We went for the camel ride around sunset. The weather was great, and we had to wear blue suits like the man in the picture. It felt a bit weird to sit on the camel. But my camel (I called him Frankie) was real sweet. I could stroke him and he listened pretty well. We made a trip to the dessert; it was reallt special to do that on the back of a camel!
After 1 hour we stopped at a berber house, and a woman brought us tea. In French she told us that this house was from her and her family, who also owned the camels. Thetea was Maroccan tea: 4 spoons of sugar for just a little cup. You get used to it.
After the tea we went on the camels again; that was when 1 of the camels didn’t want to walk anymore.
After some beans (see picture above) he wanted to walk again. It was funny, he acted like a little child.
We saw the sunset and it was breathtaking.
If you ever go to Marocco, please to something like this.
But: check it first out, I did research and discovered this tour, were they were good to the camels. Be sure you book something like that.
Sometimes it can be pretty expensive to be a vegan. Here in Holland you always pay way more for a salad then for a sandwich. Why? I have NO IDEA. A salad seems like a healthier and better choice right? Well, people in Holland don’t think that way. But this is just a small example. When you become a vegan, or a fruitarian, you’ll find out sooner or later that fruit is expensive. It’s cheaper to buy 1 dollar burgers then to buy some berries or mangoes. It’s just something we have to accept in order to become healthier and to be the best versions of ourselves. But still, here are some budget tips.
1. I always try to buy my veggies and fruit at the market. Yes, it will take you some time but it’ll save you money. I recently bought 4 larges sugarcorns for €2.5 while they were €2.99 in the supermarket, for just 2 pieces of corn!!
2. Only buy organic if it’s really necessary. I wish I could buy it all organic but unfortunately that’s too expensive. That’s why I have organic tomatoes,but not organic spinach.
3. Try to buy fruits and veggies from your own country. I’m from Holland, so in the winter we produce a lot of kale. It’s really good for you, and really cheap!
4. Try to mix fresh vegetables with canned veggies. I love to make a white bean salad, but fresh white beans can cost you a lot of money. That’s why I use canned beans and mix them up with fresh veggies like lettuce and cucumber. It’s just as good.
5. Buy frozen fruit for your smoothies. I love strawberries, but they are expensive. That’s why I use frozen ones for in my smoothie. A whole package (200grams) cost me only €1.20! There are a lot of frozen fruits these days, so try to bring some variety in your smoothies.
I hope you can use my tips. I have found them very effective.
The title of my blog says it all; change. And that’s were I’m currently in. I had some good changes, and maybe some bad. But they all make me stronger.
Some other great news; I finally passed my exams!
After 8 hard years of struggling through high school, I can finally say; I did it.
Men, that feels great!
I heard this terrific news, when I was in Rome (and yeah, I’m gonna write something about that too! ) . What better place to receive something so exciting? !
I’m still so happy about that, and other news; I’m leaving in 2 weeks to go to Thailand!! Isn’t that exciting?! I’m going with my bestie, whom also happened to be my niece.
My disease is still under control; but for how long? I know doom thinking won’t bring you anywhere, but Thailand is a complete different country then Holland.. The food, the hygiene.. Well, let’s focus on the good things, and prepare myself!
If anyone has tips for Thailand, please share them with me!
yeah, I’m already on week 4 of Kayla’s program. I’m starting to enjoy it, it feels nice to work yourself in sweat. ALthough it’s still hard to do it on school or work days. Like yesterday, I had school and a tea date with my best friend. I was back home around 9, and felt so tired.
So I did it the day after. I don’t think that’s a big problem.
I also have a question: Do you guys drink?
It’s, like we call it here (roughly translated) “partyweek”. It’s like carnaval. All the bars in my village open the doors, they sell drinks on the street. There’s also a fair; with a lot of fun things. Everybody meets eachother; we drink, we laugh, we recollect memories.. And everybody drinks.
I don’t drink much, but I also drink a few glasses. What do you think about that?
Here are my results from this week:
I hope you’re enjoying it as well,and that we can see some results in the following weeks!
I know it’s not weekend yet, but I’m already dreaming about it. The favorite day of the week? Friday! I don’t have to work, have college till 3, and there is always time to do soemthing fun. (or to attend a party).
Wanna know what my friday favorites are?
1) I love to start my day relaxed, and on friday I have time to do that. I start my day with yoga (extended sunsolution) and normally I don’t have time for that. It’s a great way to begin your day.
2) I love to drink my “Dille&Kamille” morning tea. It’s a tea made with all kinds of herbs, like camille,mint,nettle and more. It warms up my body, and keeps me in the calm and relaxing state that I am after my yoga session.
3) On fridays I normally have time to bake. And I love to bake! I usually make banana oat cookies. They are easy, and really good. I use them as breakfast cookies, or just as a snack. It feels like a treat to make and eat them. 🙂
4)Friday drinks with the family. On fridays the whole family comes togehter. We drink some wine (or soda) and eat some tapas. We catch up, we laugh, we love. I love fridays.
5) I love to read. I work on saturdays, so I rarely go out till late. That gives me time to read my newest books.
What are your friday favorites?!
How is your day? I’m currently sipping on my mint tea, and sitting in the sun. Could life be any better? Well maybe. I just had exams all week long, and I have one left next week. But I’m currently focussing on tomorrow: I’m gonna visit my university! I need to make some sort of a test, and depending on the results I get in. You might understand how nervous I am. I really want to get in. I ran, to relieve me from the stress.
And it helped. I’m feeling more relaxed now. What is your trick to relax? Do you also go for a run? Or do you start reading or eating?
Follow me on Instagram; @rawjazzie
How do you typicaly start your day? With water, like I do? Or do you go shower first?
Every one does something different. And that inspired me to go look for other morning routines.
And I found the one of a Dutch health/cookbookwriter Rens Kroes.
She kicks her day of with this delicious detox drink.
It is warm, something that suprised me.
It’s really easy to make.
Detox morning drink
– ts cinnamon
– ts cayenne peper
– tbsp honey or maple syrup
– 250 ml hot water
Mixes everything (except the mint) together. Then, after a good stir, pput the mint on top.
It gives you some sort of an energy boost, and that’s what you want, to start the day.
I think I’ll be having this more often.
I have a lot of exames this week. It gives me such a lot of stress!
I try to relax by taking baths and go to yoga classes more often, but my mind feels still so full.
And on top of that I try to do Kayla’s workouts the best I can.
But I have very little time, and a lot of plans or things to do.
But I know, once I get used to Kayla’s regime, and when the schoolstress is over, I’ll be happy that I did everything I had to.
Good luck you guys!