Last week I went to Paris with Vincent. Although this was my 3th time here, it again felt like an amazing experience. Why? Well take a look at these tips!
1. Visit the flee market in père la chaise. Not only is père la chaise worth a visit, the market next to it too! They sell a lot of furniture but also cards,clothes and music.
2. Take a ‘jeune‘ day card for the public transport. Then you’ll have a day card for €3,75! With this card, you’re allowed to use every vorm of public transport.
3. Go to musée d’Orsay. This museum is located in Paris’ old central station and besides the amazing art it’s great for architecture.
4. Eat in the student area. The food is cheap and suprisingly good!
5. As a teen/young adult you can go to various museums with a large discount or for free! Just show them your identity card/passport.
6. When you want to eat nearby the Sacre Couer, then don’t just eat at the beginning. The restaurants are expensive, serve the same dishes, and aren’t cosy at all. If you walk a bit down, you’ll see better restaurants. They don’t all serve pizza as a main dish. We had a wonderful meal there.
7. Visit the Eiffle tower between 10.30-11.30 I don’t know why, but people told me that’s the best time to go. The lines aren’t that long at that time.
8. If you want to shop for souvenirs, don’t do that nearby the Eiffle tower but in Montmarte. There is a painters area there, where they sell awesome stuff. Better then plastic Eiffle towers.
9. Buy a plastic bottle of water and fill it up in the toilet. The tap water is great in France, so it’ll save you money buying new bottles all the time.
10. At 10 o’clock at night, the Eiffle tower starts to shimmer. It looks a bit like a Christmas tree. It’s not that amazing, but it’s fun to see and a lot of people aren’t aware of it.
I hope you guys can do something with my tips. Some really helped me out!