What do you eat for breakfast?
Do you always eat the same thing?
Do you lack ideas, and want to try something different?
Here are my favorite, delicious and healthy breakfast ideas!
1. Soy yogurt with home made cruesli. This is one od my favourite quick breakfast ideas, I make the cruesli the day before and I only have to put it in a bowl with some yogurt. But still, a delicious idea.
2. Overnight oats. You have to make this one the night before, the oats have to sulk in all the almond milk (or soy milk) you put in. It’s really good with some extra maple syrup.
3. Baked oats with chopped apple cinnamon. I live to eat this in the winter. Somehow it reminds me of eating apple pie. It takes a bit more time; you need to peel and chop the apples and then cook it with (soy) milk,cinnamon and oats.
4. Pancakes. I make my pancakes with almond milk and bananas instead of milk and eggs. (One large banana for 2 eggs) It takes some time,but it’s great for the weekend. It really feels like a Sunday brunch.
5. Rice crackers with hummus, tomatoes and cucumber. I eat this whenever we run out of oats or almond milk. It good, easy but it’s a bit like comfort food.
I hope you find my tips helpfull and tasty and of course, good luck with all the cooking, and don’t forget to enjoy your meal!
Sometimes it can be pretty expensive to be a vegan. Here in Holland you always pay way more for a salad then for a sandwich. Why? I have NO IDEA. A salad seems like a healthier and better choice right? Well, people in Holland don’t think that way. But this is just a small example. When you become a vegan, or a fruitarian, you’ll find out sooner or later that fruit is expensive. It’s cheaper to buy 1 dollar burgers then to buy some berries or mangoes. It’s just something we have to accept in order to become healthier and to be the best versions of ourselves. But still, here are some budget tips.
1. I always try to buy my veggies and fruit at the market. Yes, it will take you some time but it’ll save you money. I recently bought 4 larges sugarcorns for €2.5 while they were €2.99 in the supermarket, for just 2 pieces of corn!!
2. Only buy organic if it’s really necessary. I wish I could buy it all organic but unfortunately that’s too expensive. That’s why I have organic tomatoes,but not organic spinach.
3. Try to buy fruits and veggies from your own country. I’m from Holland, so in the winter we produce a lot of kale. It’s really good for you, and really cheap!
4. Try to mix fresh vegetables with canned veggies. I love to make a white bean salad, but fresh white beans can cost you a lot of money. That’s why I use canned beans and mix them up with fresh veggies like lettuce and cucumber. It’s just as good.
5. Buy frozen fruit for your smoothies. I love strawberries, but they are expensive. That’s why I use frozen ones for in my smoothie. A whole package (200grams) cost me only €1.20! There are a lot of frozen fruits these days, so try to bring some variety in your smoothies.
I hope you can use my tips. I have found them very effective.
I think every vegan will recognise this; Imagine you’re at a festival, you’re with friends, and wanna have a good time. You came to dance and to laugh, and that’s what you did for the last 3 hours. But now you’re hungry. You look for anything vegan, and what do you find? Chips and plain bread. A real vegan fest. Not.
I hate these kind of situations. You’re having a great time but then you have to eat something. Eating is mostly a social thing; and you can’t bring your own food. So you’re obligated to buy something there, but there’s hardly anything. Instead of something fun, eating becomes a annoying thing to do. My friends are all sweethearts, and they help me find a solution. But it’s still something I rather avoid. I know that’s not always possible, but luckily it was at the last 2 festivals I visited!
I went to a movie festival with my boyfriend, and believe it or not, there was a vegetarian/vegan food truck! They served couscous with pumpkin and falafel wraps. Hell yeah.
It was so cool, we even went back the other day to see another movie.
The second festival I visited was Kwaku. It’s a famous Dutch foodfestival located in one of the most multi cultural areas of Amsterdam. And that was shown in the food. Unfortunately there were like 30 BBQ food stands. But, there were also roasted corn and sweet patato stands. I had one massive roasted corn and it completely filled me up. I wish I made a picture but I was way to hungry.
It’s nice to see that there’s also a lot of interest in the healthy, vegan or vegetarian food. If there wasnt, there wouldn’t be veggie food trucks. It’s progress and I’m really happy about it. A lot of people slowly seem to get aware of healthy food and what it does to your body.
If you’re in Holland next year, and you get the chance to come to one of these festivals; please do! It’s a lot of fun for vegans!
I think we all have that moment; when it’s four o’clock and you’ve been in school for waaay to long. I often get bored, and loose focus. I start to draw, talk, check my Instagram (rawjazzie).
Lately I have these little techniques that keeps my mind where it should be.
1) Put away your cellphone! You can’t listen when you’re busy with Facebook.. It’s just till class is gone, see it as a challenge. (How long untill I HAVE to check my phone?)
2) Bring something to eat&drink to class. You need to feed your body in order to let your mind work. So take an apple or something sweet with you.
3) Write along with your teacher. Write down keywords, or just words that you notice. If you do so, you’ll be hearing and writing, and therefore better memorise it.
4) Ask if a window can be opened. Several studies showed that fresh air helps the brain.
5) Don’t look at the clock. When I see how long I have left in class, the spare time there feels like a mountain to climb. If I stop looking at the clock, and focus on my teacher time seems to go a lot quicker.
I’m having a long day today, so I’m really hoping that my tips will work again. If you thought some were usefull, or if you have some more to add, comment below!
I’m currently in week 3, just finished my resistance training. And how do I feel? Exhausted, but satisfied. I’m getting used to Kayla’s workout ritm, and I started to enjoy her workouts. It feels good when you can feel it burning.
I found out that I hate arms&abs. Abs are ok, but arms.. Mine are like rubber after the workout. I’m not seeing results yet, but I might be a bit to keen on that. I really want to be toned and muscular!
This is me now:
How do you feel? Do yo started to like the workouts?
How is your day? I’m currently sipping on my mint tea, and sitting in the sun. Could life be any better? Well maybe. I just had exams all week long, and I have one left next week. But I’m currently focussing on tomorrow: I’m gonna visit my university! I need to make some sort of a test, and depending on the results I get in. You might understand how nervous I am. I really want to get in. I ran, to relieve me from the stress.
And it helped. I’m feeling more relaxed now. What is your trick to relax? Do you also go for a run? Or do you start reading or eating?
Follow me on Instagram; @rawjazzie
How do you typicaly start your day? With water, like I do? Or do you go shower first?
Every one does something different. And that inspired me to go look for other morning routines.
And I found the one of a Dutch health/cookbookwriter Rens Kroes.
She kicks her day of with this delicious detox drink.
It is warm, something that suprised me.
It’s really easy to make.
Detox morning drink
– ts cinnamon
– ts cayenne peper
– tbsp honey or maple syrup
– 250 ml hot water
Mixes everything (except the mint) together. Then, after a good stir, pput the mint on top.
It gives you some sort of an energy boost, and that’s what you want, to start the day.
I think I’ll be having this more often.
I have a lot of exames this week. It gives me such a lot of stress!
I try to relax by taking baths and go to yoga classes more often, but my mind feels still so full.
And on top of that I try to do Kayla’s workouts the best I can.
But I have very little time, and a lot of plans or things to do.
But I know, once I get used to Kayla’s regime, and when the schoolstress is over, I’ll be happy that I did everything I had to.
Good luck you guys!
Today was a busy day. I got myself a new cellphone, so I’m really happy now. Took some time to install everything, but he looks great. I had to do tons of other stuff, so cooking was not something I could spent my time on. So I just made this very easy but delicious couscous. I put some things together and it turned out fine!
That’s why I wanted to share it with you guys. 🙂
I came up with the idea because I had a lack of time to make something better. I found some veggies in de fridge, and thought about making a salad. Then I remembered the couscous my mum recently bought. I finished it in 5/10 minutes, luckily, ’cause I had a movienight planned with my dad and we already bought or cinematickets. There I sat, watching “Dying of the Light” with my couscous.
– 85 gram couscous
– around 1 cucumber
– red bell peper
– 1/2 lemon
– olive oil
– some nuts (I didn’t put a lot in it, I think make 6 nuts in total)
Cook some water, and add some salt and oil. When your water is boiling, turn the water off and put the couscous in.
Let them soak for about 3 minutes.
Then turn the gas on, and cook for another 3 minutes, then set it apart to cool down.
Take the skin of the cucumber and cut it together with the pepper and nuts.
Mix it with the couscous, put lemon over it and some mint on top.
Bon appetite! 😉
Remember my post about my cold feet yesterday? I should have known, haha. I was cold all day yesterday and today, and I didn’t knew why.
Untill 3 o’clock. I felt horrible, I had stomachpain and threw up.
I’m feeling a bit sick now.
I know that a lot of people have the flu, which is strange ’cause it’s already spring and almost april! Shouldn’t that be over now?
I also always thought that all of the RT4/vegan people had an amazing immune system, but clearly not, haha.
Thank God I have the best mum, ’cause she made me this amazing soup. This is currently my state of mind:
I call it; ‘Bored and feeling like crap’. Hooray.
A delicious vegan soup, with a lot of veggies! She really put everything in it. If this isn’t gonna make me better, what will?
At least I’m getting all my vitamins in. 🙂
A completely different subject; but do you guys have an Instagram account?
I do, and I’m looking for some refreshing, new accounts. So if you want me to follow you, post your name below.
Mine is the same as my blog: @rawjazzie.
I hope that you like to follow me. I post about my food, yoga,running.. And a lot more. I’m always open to suggestions for great accounts, so let me know.
Take care lovelies.
Hey lovely people!
To begin with; if someone knows a solution please share it with me!
Uch, it’s march and here in Holland it’s still cold. And I don’t like that. Particularly now that I’m vegan.
Spring has just began, ans I hoped that with the spring the sun wouls come.
But nope, the sun decided to stay on the other side of the world.
Too bad for me, and my feet.
I have the coldest feet you could ever think of.
Are there more people with cold bodyparts?
Since I began my vegan life, I started to habe cold hands and feet. Before that they were cold every now and then. Nothing strange.
I sleep with socks every night!
And even then, they won’t warm up.
I hate cold feet.
I hope that someone recognise this, and might have the solution for warm feet. Thank you!